Greenwood is taking advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the heart of the city.
- Transform the heart of Greenwood, facilitating a revival of downtown.
- Offer diverse amenities and a variety of opportunities to live, work and play.
- Create an attractive destination with unique, vibrant public gathering spaces.
- Connectivity for trails, parks and other public assets
- Dynamic gathering spaces
- Improved roadway connectivity
- Seamless integration of greenspace and natural elements
- 9 miles of new or reconstructed streetscape
- 9 acres of new or upgraded open space
- 75,000+ sq. ft. of potential retail/office space
- Proposed 450+ apartments; 130+ townhomes
- Greenwood Middle School property
- North City Center parking lot
- Old City Park
- Other city-owned properties
- Mixed-use properties – residential, office and retail
- Bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure
- Open spaces woven throughout redevelopment sites
- New standards incorporating sustainable site principles
- Main Street
- Madison Avenue
- Market Plaza
- Main St. and Madison Ave.
- Main St. and Market Plaza
- Madison Ave. and Market Plaza
- Main St. and Meridian St.
- Removal of Machledt Drive
- Connection between Market Plaza and Surina Way
- Additional east-west connection between Madison Ave. and Meridian St.
- Roundabout at Madison Ave. and Smith Valley Rd.
- Current Plan - Keep, upgrade and repurpose
- Demolition Alternative #1 – Two additional townhome/apartment buildings; additional open space connecting townhome central green to library and beyond
- Demolition Alternative #2 – Additional mixed-use/parking structure; removal of one townhome/apartment building; additional open space connecting townhome central green to library and beyond
INITIAL PROJECT ESTIMATES
- Old City Park Improvements - $4.6 million
- North City Center Parking Lot Redevelopment - $11 million
- Market Plaza/Surina Way Connector Road - $2.6 million
- Meridian St./Main St. Intersection Improvements - $800,000
- Madison Ave. (Pearl St. to Smith Valley Rd.) - $5.5 million
- Madison Ave./Smith Valley Rd. Roundabout - $1 million
- Main St. (Meridian St. to Market Plaza) - $3.7 million
- Middle School demolition - $1 - 1.5 million
PUBLIC OPEN HOUSES
- First open house – Thursday, March 9 at 6 p.m. at City Center building
- 300 S. Madison Ave.
Greenwood, IN 46142
- Additional public open houses will take place throughout the process